All I wanted were some damn crepes

Image result for crepes

Instead, I got into a whirl-around of confusion and frustration.

 

The recipe is pretty easy:

2 large eggs
3⁄4 cup milk
1⁄2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons butter (melted)

Toss them in a blender and pulse for ten seconds. Then, store the mix for an hour to let the bubbles subside and the flour hydrate.
But nooo…

First, I could not find all of the blender. I did find the base, but not the carafe and the lid. So, I decided to just whisk the mix. What I ended up with looked like lumpy pancake batter. No bueno. Throw it out!

I looked around again and found the carafe for the blender, but the lid was still missing. Not to worry, I found a reasonable substitute. Hooked up the blender, poured all the ingredients in, push Pulse. Nothing. The blade section was completely locked up. After about 10 minutes of trying to free it up, I abandoned all hope of trying to fix it.

Off to Walmart! Found what I wanted easily enough (Hamilton Beach, $19.99). Go through the self-checkout and out the door to my truck. It had been raining and I managed to find the only piece of soaked paper in the entire parking lot, slipped on it and fell on my ass, but the blender helped break my fall. It seemed to be OK, so I carefully made it to the truck and drove home. The ingredients had been sitting for about 35 minutes in a bowl in the fridge, but they seemed to mix well.

So now I can have my crepes, but it’s after 8:00 and they have to sit for an hour, so I’ll have a sandwich and try again tomorrow night. I hope you have more luck.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.